Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Xbox controllers work fine unti start kodi

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hellokevin11
    Participant

Once Kodi launches from within emulation station, the xbox controller stops working.

Any solution? And yes, I did search.

What I did was install the xbox driver, config it via nano.

Only my keyboard works in kodi, which is odd because on my dedicated Kodi box the controller works fine. Plugging / unplugging doesn’t work.

hellokevin11
    Participant

$5.00 bounty on this problem if someone helps me get the 360 controller to work in kodi.

dudleydes
    Participant

I don’t think Kodi supports controllers (or will in the future as Kodi would need to be compiled from source).

You can try the Linux Joystick Mapper. See tutorial at link below.

Mapping a Game Controller in Kodi

Anonymous
    Inactive

Download yatse on your smartphone, it enables you to use your phone as a remote, there’s keyboard functions on it as well, very handy, I also use a wireless 360 controller and eventually gave up on trying to configure it with kodi, try it out

hellokevin11
    Participant

It doesn’t even see the xbox controller. I guess I will use a media remote.

Ironic that what used to be xbox media center no longer supports xbox controllers.

redhalo
    Participant
    hellokevin11
    Participant

[quote=109267]http://kodi.wiki/view/Xbox_360_Wireless_Controller

[/quote]

Thanks for the link, I will have to examine where ” –mimic-xpad argument” belongs.

Kodi doesn’t even see the controller in input devices, however emulationstation does.

Once I launch Kodi from ES, the 360 controller ceases to work.

redhalo
    Participant

I don’t have kodi on my pi, but try editing /roms/ports/kodi.sh and replacing /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone & with /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone --mimic-xpad &

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.