Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie xbox 360 controller player 1, keyboard player 2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jiwan
    Participant

I am currently trying to use a xbox controller for player 1 and a keyboard for player 2, both for retroarch and mupen64plus.

The xbox controller is recognized by emulationstation and correctly bound. It would be convenient to be able to use the keyboard there too.

For retroarch, I tried to dive into /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg to setup my keyboard as player 2 by setting:

input_libretro_device_p1 = 1
    input_libretro_device_p2 = 3

The xbox controller is correctly setup with: joypad_autoconfig_dir = /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/

With /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads containing MicrosoftX-Box360pad.cfg:

input_device = "Microsoft X-Box 360 pad"
    input_driver = "udev"
    input_r_y_plus_axis = "+4"
    input_r_x_minus_axis = "-3"
    input_r_btn = "5"
    input_save_state_btn = "5"

And for the keyboard within retroarch.cfg:

input_player2_a = x
    input_player2_b = z

So far, no success! Only my xbox controller is recognized as player 1 when I try to play donkey kong country 2 for instance.

As for mupen64plus, if I check /opt/retropie/configs/n64/InputAutoCfg.ini I see both of my keyboard and my xbox controller, but within mupen64plus.cfg [Input-SDL-Control2] is set to default values.

I would appreciate any help or hint to setup this weird keyboard + controller architecture!

Thanks,
    Jiwan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.