Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Xbox 360 controller joystick not working/gui changed when drivers installed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kittentime
    Participant

I seem to have everything up and running except that the joystick doesnt work in any of my games! This and when I installed the driver for the xbox controller it changed the gui of the emulationstation to be VERY basic and just plain white. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The dpad also doenst work

kittentime
    Participant

I got the gui working again. The controller still doesnt have any joystick or dpad working. I can jump and use almost every other button just not move. I went into the retroarch thing to setup and can’t get any of the buttons to work there. The light on the controller is lit and not blinking

kittentime
    Participant

Tried two fresh installs, no dice. It just doesnt recognize any of the axis.

brakanje
    Participant

/opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs

I suggest you go here and delete the xbox files. It seems that petrockblock’s personal xbox controller maps differently than ours. On mine everything was good except for start/select/L2/R2 which were pair switched. (start was R2 and select was L2 and vice versa).

kittentime
    Participant

Just delete it? Any idea how i would set it up then?

brakanje
    Participant

if you delete them you can manually configure retroarch like you would with any controller you would plug in like usb snes controllers. F1 on your keyboard and then scroll to settings and input and then map them. I prefer this as you can have different maps for different consoles where the snes style map may not feel as natural.

Floob

You can manually configure joypads using this method

kittentime
    Participant

I tried this and the location of the file and the file do not exist for me.

Floob

Thats not the best view of it all to be honest, its not showing a lot of the top level folders.

Connect to it with a terminal session or an FTP client to see all the folders.
    To run the config, you would need a terminal session anyway (or run direct).

This shows how to do it with 2.3, but its the same pretty much with 2.4.
    About 23 minutes in to configure a controller.
    About 11 mins to see how to connect with a terminal session.

kittentime
    Participant

Alright, I did everything you did in the video and when i go to setup retroarch it prompts me to disconnect everything, i hit okay, it does a thing in like 1 second and says it saved the file as .cfg. It doesn’t even give me the option to type anything in.

Thanks for all the help btw!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.