Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I love Retropie 3.0, but I’ve got a problem using my X-Arcade Dualstick. One of the buttons for player one and right on the 2nd players stick barely register (in emulationstation and emulators). I’m pretty sure I’ve read about similar problems before upgrading, but I can’t find it anymore and I’m not sure there even was a solution. Any idea how to fix this?

It used to work fine in 2.6 (and I’m pretty sure in 3.0b2, too), I’m using Xarcade2Jstick and upgraded from 3.0 RC1 to final using the binary update in the Retropie setup.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Got a RaspberryPi 2 with the Pi2 Overclock setting.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Nothing has changed in retropie relating to that, so it may be firmware / kernel / raspbian related.

Have you tried without Xarcade2Jstick btw ? if the xarcade by default registers as keyboard presses, you can just use it as a keyboard – might work better – also we see where the problem initiates from.

Xenotome
    Participant

I tested again with Xarcade2Jstick disabled, but to no avail. Going to test it on another system to rule out hardware problems with the X-Arcade itself.

I’m not using it all that much, maybe it was just a coincidence it stopped working after the update.

Xenotome
    Participant

Just a quick update: It really was just a coincidence. After reattaching all wires inside the X-Arcade, it works like a charm again. Sorry for wasting your time!

mack505
    Participant

[quote=105497]Nothing has changed in retropie relating to that, so it may be firmware / kernel / raspbian related.

Have you tried without Xarcade2Jstick btw ? if the xarcade by default registers as keyboard presses, you can just use it as a keyboard – might work better – also we see where the problem initiates from.

[/quote]

I am trying to setup my X-Arcade Dual Joystick freshly but having issue with exiting emulators (MAME) back to ES. I am using it as a keyboard (Xarcade2Jstick/Xarcade-to-GamepadDevice.cfg didn’t work and jstest revealed that button 9 wasn’t represented).

To what .cfg file, and what do I need to add to be able to exit back to ES?

I tried this in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg to no avail:
    input_enable_hotkey = x
    input_exit_emulator = space

I have to have a keyboard hooked up and only escape works. Escape is not represented on the X-Arcade Dual Joystick though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.