Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    padremayi
    Participant

Hi to all :)

I found a problem in the roms system naming in RetroPie, in particularly for MAME.

I use the 0.37b5 romset. In this set many game names are different from the latest set. For example, the romset “strider” is named “Strider (USA, B-Board 89624B-2)” in the latest version of MAME but is named “Strider (US)” in 0.37b5 version. The last one is correct according to the Compatibility List on the RetroPie project webstite and also for original MAME 0.37b5 .DAT file.

I would see the name of the version 0.37b5, in which way RetroPie/EmulationStation takes these names on startup? I never use the scraper.

Is there a way to use the original MAME 0.37b5 .DAT file?

Thanks to all

petrockblog
    Keymaster

not without changes in ES. You should use the scraper if you don’t like the built in names (which cater for a newer MAME, but include some older names also to improve the display on older romsets)

padremayi
    Participant

Hi, sorry for the delay and thanks for your reply.

Is there a way to change the builtin gamelist with mine?

padremayi
    Participant

Please, could you explain WHERE EmulationStation take the name fo the MAME games on FIRST-startup?

Where are stored these names?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The are hardcoded inside ES – it would require manually recompiling ES with just the names for the rom version you are using.

padremayi
    Participant

Ok, thank you, maybe the best solution is to edit the gameslist.xml file

padremayi
    Participant

Finally I found a solution for the names of the games.

I wrote a script that transform the original MAME 0.37b5 .dat file in the gamelist.xml with the correct names of 0.37b5 version.

Bye :-)

senkun
    Participant

[quote=122441]Finally I found a solution for the names of the games.

I wrote a script that transform the original MAME 0.37b5 .dat file in the gamelist.xml with the correct names of 0.37b5 version.

Bye :-)

[/quote]

Mind sharing the script?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.