Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project WOnderswan & coleco emulation trouble

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    davich
    Participant

Hello. I have a raspberry pi model b and I can not run colecovision & wonderswan. I can not understand what emulators use for this, and whether the BIOS images? Have you run these platforms? Sorry for my English I am a foreigner

Omnija
    Participant

I’ve managed to get wonderswan working on my rpi2, ill make a guide for you once i have some time.

davich
    Participant

Thank you it would be very good, I would have tried on his raspberry pi

Omnija
    Participant

Instead of writing down a book of instructions, i put together a quick folder with everything needed to set it up. The core is already pre compiled so all you have to do is follow the folders and instructions i put inside. If you need any more help feel free to let me know.

As for coleco i haven’t played around with it, so i can’t help you there.

If in the future you would like to compile your own core “.so” this is the steps i took.

cd
    sudo apt-get install -y git
    git clone https://github.com/libretro/beetle-wswan-libretro
    cd beetle-wswan-libretro
    make
    sudo mkdir /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mednafen-ws/
    sudo cp mednafen_wswan_libretro.so /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-mednafen-ws/

InsecureSpike
    Participant

this is cool! thanks!

just added an request to add this via github..

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/845

Omnija
    Participant

I just set up neogeo pocket a couple of hours ago ironically. If you would like me to upload it like wonderswan, let me know. I also agree with it should be part of the project as well.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

yeah why not, thanks!
    how does it play?

thanks

Omnija
    Participant

Runs well on an rpi2, not sure about the older version. I’m hoping to learn more about compiling the cores, so i can compile them specifically as performant as possible.

Edit: just uploaded the neogeo pocket, i compiled the core the same way as the above method.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

awesome! thanks mate!

Omnija
    Participant

No problem.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

oh will this automatically create the needed info in the es_systems.cfg

cheers!

btw: the theme I just released has these themed already!

theme tags are;

ngp = neogeo pocket
    ngpc = neogeo pocket color
    wonderswan = wonder swan
    wonderswancolor = wonder swan color

Omnija
    Participant

Like the other zip, i added a readme that should have the appropriate system info which you can just copy and paste into your system.cfg

InsecureSpike
    Participant

awesome! thanks!

Omnija
    Participant

No problem.
    I’m not sure if it works with zips or not. You might have to edit some information to match your theme. I just made ngp + color = ngp, same as wonderswan, i didn’t separate them since i was just testing it and setting it up for the first time.

edit: if you need help setting it up separately just let me know

You would have to edit the system.cfg, make a another rom folder, and add a config with in the opt.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

that’s all cool, I just separate as personal preference.

thanks again

herbfargus

Good Work, from your comments I’ve added two pull requests to have these emulators added to the experimental menu

WONDERSWAN:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/pull/849

NEO GEO POCKET:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/pull/850

I’ve tested them on my pi and they seem to have worked but it’s possible the code could be potentially improved (I’m not the most proficient at coding yet) hopefully they will be merged soon.

InsecureSpike
    Participant

ok just a little update

neo geo pocket color
    wonderswan
    game and watch

emulation have all been added to the experimental section of the RetroPie Setup page,

thanks everyone involved!!

Omnija
    Participant

Any idea on why the .sav get saved in the bios folder instead of the folder the game is launched in?

Edit: I also re uploaded the folders with the appropriate files for wonderswan classic and color. In case others wanted it separate and to be similar to the gameboy and gameboy colour.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.