Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Where to copy BIOS files from?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dingdongyo
    Participant

I have what feels like a very stupid question: I have retropie installed on an RPi2. there are several emulators that require copying the BIOS file(s) to a different location, but i can’t figure out where to copy these files from. i’ve searched all directories with midnight commander for the filenames, but nothing shows up. GitHub does a great job of describing which files to copy and where to put them, but not where to find them in order to copy them.

example: the atari800 page on github states –

There are 5 main BIOS needed for the Atari800 emulator:

ATARIXL.ROM (BIOS for Atari XL/XE OS)

ATARIBAS.ROM (BIOS for the BASIC interpreter)

ATARIOSA.ROM (BIOS for Atari 400/800 PAL)

ATARIOSB.ROM (BIOS for Atari 400/800 NTSC)

5200.rom (BIOS for the Atari 5200)

Place these files in

/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS

Where are those 5 files though? i know how to copy in MC, but i don’t know where to find them in order to copy them. what am i missing? please help?

catrinisin
    Participant

You’ll have to download these from the internet. Do a Google Search for the BIOS you need. LIke ROMS, it may not be legal to use a BIOS file unless you own the system itself. This is why the downloads are not provided by the Retropie project for BIOS or ROMS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.