Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I don’t want anybody to hurry.

I just bought an Raspberry Pi 2 today at amazon and want to install it next week with the newest Retropie image.
    My question is now, if there is a plan to release the final version of the Retropie 3.0 in the next few days, so I don’t have to reinstall and reconfigure my Pi again. :)
    So this question is just directed to the devs. :)

Thank you.

Floob

I dont think there is a hard date in place for the new versions, but upgrades should be easier in future as I dont believe there would be major changes to config file locations.
    Regardless you should try the latest image and give it a go if just to get to grips with it. It doesnt take very long to rebuild an image once you have the hang of it.

dishins
    Participant

Just to know, is there any good reason to update from a nice working 2.6 image to a 3.0 beta or its just better to wait for 3.0 final?

Floob

If you’re happy with 2.6 I’d stick with it.
    Updating to 3 wont improve the emulation itself.

Version 3 is lovely though, lots of nice options to easily manage resolution and emulator choice.
    Some details are here:
    http://smartretro.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=73

kitchuk
    Participant

I’ve been using the 3.00 beta with my new Pi 2 and it works a treat. I’ve not had any issues and as Floob said, the extra options are quite useful. I especially like the emulator switch option by pressing ‘x’ when a game loads. This makes thinks so much more convenient.

cacophony555
    Participant

Does the new per ROM emulator selection functionality work for MAME with 3.0 Beta ?

kitchuk
    Participant

[quote=97261]Does the new per ROM emulator selection functionality work for MAME with 3.0 Beta ?

[/quote]

Yes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.