Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project When I change any settings in retroarch.cfg I loose sound in some emulators?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    drgonzo247
    Participant

Hi.. Running retro pie on a raspberry p 2 and have run into some sound problems? When I alter the retroarch.cfg file for certain emulators I.e nes / master system I loose their sound completely.. Don’t remember this being an issue with my raspberry pi 1 “b” board.. Any ideas?

Cheers for now!

Floob

It shouldn’t be doing that – what retroarch.cfg changes did you make?

drgonzo247
    Participant

Hi, I’m using a play Sega controller.. I can literally assign one pad button and save the retroarch.cfg file and then there’ll be no sound. If I change the button back to “nul” and save I still have no sound! Have to send the original back over to get the sound working again??? When I exit a game after altering the cfg it says it can not find audio driver? Strange since I’m only altering the buttons..

Never remember this being a problem with my pi 1 model b.. Running it on a pi 2 now?

I’m altering the config/nes/retroarch.cfg file..

Any help would be great since I’m at a dead end ;(

Floob

Did you install from a 2.6.0 image on the site, or build it from the script?

fondlebus
    Participant

Have you resolved this issue? I just setup a Raspi 2 model B with RetroPi 3.0 BETA. Everything was working fine. I had sound coming from the emulators, but the controller config needed to be done. After i edited the retroarch.cfg file and rebooted, the video looked zoomed in, and the audio no longer worked.

I had this problem with previous versions of RetroPie. I found some info about adding in audio commands and will be testing until i find the solution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.