Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project What emulations can the Pi Zero handle issue free?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, Last year I bought a raspberry Pi model 1 B, and put Retropie on it, Love it to death, My friends saw it and is jelly. I’m planning on building him one for his birthday, he is not tech savvy so i want to know what emulators and systems the Pi Zero can handle without studders, sound issues ect. I know N64 can only just barely run on the Pi 2 and 3, So I won’t even try it on the Pi Zero, PS1 is on the line though, Does anyone have any experience running a PS1 game on the PI Zero? I don’t think its possible. However SNES,NES,all sega systems (megadrive,32x,Genesis,CD) should work fine correct?

Anonymous
    Inactive

also some of my Genesis roms are sms and some are .bin will both work?

shoothere
    Participant

I am just guessing here (no handson experience) but I would think NES, SEGA Megadrive and GB would be fine but I think SNES will be hit and miss depending on the title. Arcade emulation might also vary but I’m thinking some NeoGeo would work.

I know funds can be an issue but perhaps consider getting yourself a Pi3 and giving your to your pal? Just thinking…

Anonymous
    Inactive

its no so much funds related but, I live in Canada and it costs a metric butload to ship here even if I could find a Pi 3 in stock at a retailer willing to ship to canada
    from Adafruit its going to cost 37$ US just to ship a $5 pi zero

zerojay
    Participant

There are Canadian retailers with Pi3s in stock.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.