Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I had the old version of retropie running reasonably well, but I updated to the new version last week and have noticed that games don’t run as smooth as they used to and booting seems slower. Has anyone else noticed this? I am only trying to run NES, SNES, Gameboy and Sega Genesis. I am curious to know what settings I can change to make things run better. What settings do you guys use for some of the following?

Overclock
    Memory split
    hdmi mode
    video shaders/smoothing
    anything else that might help

Is there anything else I can do to make things run better? Also, I noticed that when I play NES, the video signal seems to drop in and out, or change resolution or something. This is very annoying because not only do I miss what is going on when the signal drops, but my AV receiver has a pop up menu every time the input changes or turns on and I have to exit out of the menu with the remote. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks.

zsprawl
    Participant

I purchased some heat sinks off Amazon and overclock to turbo, which resolves all issues.

I had a problem with pisnes flashing occasionally, but that was resolved by forcing the video out HDMI in raspi-config.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Do you think heatsinks are really necessary? It seems to be a big topic of debate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.