Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project What about the Speed of the RaspPi 2?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    killer101
    Participant

Hello all,

I used the RaspPi Model B for quite some time and was never really satisfied with the speed here and there.

Now I’m planning to switch to a new device. The question is … will it be the RaspPi 2?

I like to use the retroarch libretto cores as much as I can to prevent configuring too much emus. I’m talking about FBA, iMame4all, SNES, Megadrive and older systems.

Can anybody confirm that the new RaspPi 2 runs all those Emus at full speed now?

FBA libretto was unusable with the old RaspPi, I used the piFBA instead. But a lot of games do not work for the piFBA and there were slowdowns even with the CPU clocked to 900MHz.

The alternative is to get one of those ultra small Lenovo PCs (some years old but with a dual core 3GHz CPU) for a couple of bucks at eBay. Besides the heavy power consumption there will be hopefully no more slowdowns and no configuring hell.

Any suggestions?

smatticus
    Participant

i’ve only tested a handful of games that had issues before but seem to work jut fine now (kirby’s dreamland 3 and super metroid were UNPLAYABLE on the old models, work perfect now). the new 2.6 image is more stable and things feel snappier overall. the actual emualtors will need to be updated to take advantage of the new hardware but it’s very promising so far

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.