Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Weird Stick Input Behaviour.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ekdor
    Participant

I need help. I just can’t figure out my joystick issue. Sorry if this isn’t a RetroPie issue but I’m hoping someone can help. I can’t seem to find reference to others having this issue.

I am unable to play any games. The games run smooth. But the player sprite moves, pauses, moves, pauses etc over and over. I’ve checked all my connections. Tried different versions of retropie. Gone over every setting I can find. Started from scratch a few times.

Not sure how to get the logs out yet.

Running RaspberryPi 2B with a small USB interface PCB. I know I havn’t provided enough to go on yet. Please help me to help you help me… LOL but seriously. I don’t know if it’s my interface, pi or the software.

ekdor
    Participant

Well some small progress. If I configure 4 of the buttons e.g. non stick pins to the stick controls I get the desired movement. Same effect if I switch the pin headers over. Stick moves smooth. This I guess is a work around. It suggests to me that it’s the USB interface that’s responsible. If I could flash the chip I could make it all go away. Maybe…

Alternatively maybe the emulators are able to identify the 4 pins assigned to stick in the chip, through means of the signal from the interface card, and are applying rapid fire to them or something…

I just tested something else here on that thought. I noticed Gyruss on Mame4All TAB has rapid fire options. I assigned one to the fire button and it fires in small rapid bursts with pauses just like the stick moves.

This is the interface I’m using:
    http://www.ultracabs.co.uk/ekmps/shops/ultracabs/images/arcade-usb-interface-%5B2%5D-71-p.jpg

Is anyone else using this? If so how does it behave for you?

ekdor
    Participant

Update: I took one of the micro switches out to test my interface board as best I could and to get an accurate map.

1 Pin on ground and the other pin I moved from pin to pin mapping and recording the value that returned from the software. My first run I used the EmulationStation interface setup. All pins returned normal results with only one that needed a wiggle. I ran all again using the control mapping within Gyruss running in Mame4All and 6 pins refuse to map at all. I shifted back and forth from a working pin and the non-working ones to make sure all was still running. I tried mapping them onto different functions and function types. Checked my connections and all looks fine. They are all on the Player 2 side (p1 pinout). None of them were joystick designated pins.

Does anyone know what’s going on here? Am I missing something?

ekdor
    Participant

Incidentally these are my results. The far left column is the designation on the scrap of paper I was given with it; the middle column are the results from ES; and the far right column is from Mame4All. || indicates column break. Question marks are the 6 erroneous pins:

Player 1 (P0)

Right Side
    btn 8 || button 7 || J1 JoyButton 7
    btn 7 || button 6 || J1 JoyButton 6
    btn 6 || button 5 || J1 JoyButton 5
    btn 5 || button 4 || J1 JoyButton 4
    btn 4 || button 3 || J1 JoyButton 3
    btn 3 || button 2 || J1 JoyButton 2
    btn 2 || button 1 || J1 JoyButton 1
    btn 1 || button 0 || J1 JoyButton 0

Left Side
    up || axis 1- || J1 JoyAxit 1-
    down || axis 1+ || J1 JoyAxit 1+
    left || axis 0- || J1 JoyAxit 0-
    right || axis 0+ || J1 JoyAxit 0+
    btn 11 || button 8 || J1 JoyButton 8
    btn 10 || button 9 || J1 JoyButton 9

Player 2 (P1)

Right Side
    btn 1 || button 10 || J1 JoyButton 10
    btn 2 || button 11 || J1 JoyButton 11
    btn 3 || button 12 || J1 JoyButton 12
    btn 4 || button 13 || J1 JoyButton 13
    btn 5 || button 14 || J1 JoyButton 14
    btn 6 || button 15 || J1 JoyButton 15
    btn 7 || button 16 || J1 JoyButton 16 ?
    btn 8 || button 17 || J1 JoyButton 17 ?

Left Side
    right || axis 0+ || J1 JoyAxit 0+
    left || axis 0- || J1 JoyAxit 0-
    down || axis 1+ || J1 JoyAxit 1+
    up || axis 1- || J1 JoyAxit 1-
    btn 9 || button 18 || J1 JoyButton 18 ?
    btn 10 || button 19 || J1 JoyButton 19 ?
    btn 11 || button 20 || J1 JoyButton 20 ?
    btn 12 || button 21 || J1 JoyButton 21 ?

ekdor
    Participant

I got this issue fixed. The first part is identifying the USB Interface PCB which has not identification on it’s silk-screen. It turned out to be a THT Xin-Mo. Knowing that made it much easier to find information.

This is the thread that has the fix I used.

LINK => Autofire on the Axis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.