Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project video start up question, working but…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wrichards
    Participant

I added a video to replace the splashscreen, I made it 1:30 long. it loads and plays, but the emulation station screen still comes on, I can hear the music for my file playing in background. It all is timed right and such. I thought the movie would over write the emulation station screen but it dosent. I understand this is hardcoded, but thought the movie would show over it… did I do something wrong or is this the way it works now for 2.3? did I miss something?

thanks for responses in advance

whoismezero
    Participant

If you are using omxplayer to play the video, you can use the --layer 10000 command option to get the video to play over the top of EmulationStation. Here is my command: omxplayer -o hdmi --layer 10000 /home/pi/splash_screen_video.mp4

bobbyt
    Participant

Can someone point me in the direction on how to set this up from scratch?

I didn’t even know his could be done.

Keigan
    Participant
    bobbyt
    Participant

I appreciate it but like a moron I searched after I posted and got the info I needed…

I finally put the Arcade 84 video I’ve been hanging on to to use…

http://www.cinemarcade.com/arcade84.html

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.