Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Splash screens Video splash screen not entirely playing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    revo442
    Participant

RP2
    Retropie 3.0

I have a 30 second clip (MP4) that with play but ES will launch before the intro is finished. how do I correct this?

I still hear the music playing in the background, while ES is already started.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

update retropie-setup, and disable then re-enable emulationstation autostarting from the supplementary menu.

revo442
    Participant

where do I find that file?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

petrockblog
    Keymaster

go to retropie-setup (eg from within ES) and update the script, and then disable / re-enable auto starting emulationstation from the supplementary menu of retropie-setup.

revo442
    Participant

I tried that and it’s still doing the same thing. I also tried using a mov file format

petrockblog
    Keymaster

please paste the contents of /etc/profile.d/10-emulationstation.sh

petrockblog
    Keymaster

im assuming you are using the retropie 3 splashscreen init.d script (/etc/init.d/asplashscreen) ? worth putting that on pastebin or similar for me to check.

revo442
    Participant

I disabled autostart again and it’s working as it should! thanks!!!
    is there a good place to get high quality intros? I’ve been pulling them from YouTube.

herbfargus

This is the one I use:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yinfnqgcodbiv4k/mushberryintro.mp4?dl=0

I made it in blender- there are a bunch of videos on YouTube that show you how to make quick intro videos with a template with blender (which is free to download) but there are plenty of other options too.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Very nice – how about an update with the new logo ? :)

I might even be persuaded to have a video splash then – which I never thought I would say ;-)

herbfargus

Ha ha you just don’t like the trademark violations :p but yes I think that’s a great idea. I could even make it 3d ish. I know you’re not a fan of the slogan idea so would you suggest I remove it or do you have a more fitting slogan?

tt2pain
    Participant

I’m also having the problem of the video playing in the background, but when I tried to update the script from emulation station I got –

update failed:

fatal: loose object
    216513a32dd065b52727946e47a0f66873168455 (stored in git/objects/21/6513a32dd5b52727946e47a0f66873168435) is corrupt fatal: The romte end hung up unexpectedly

I am not a programmer so, what does this mean?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

It means you have a corrupt checkout of RetroPie-Setup – Maybe you have some SD Card corruption ?

You will need to remove RetroPie-Setup and then do a fresh checkout.

from terminal

cd
    rm -rf RetroPie-Setup
    git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup.git

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Splash screens’ is closed to new topics and replies.