Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Video Settings after Emulator Launch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dcesarz
    Participant

Hi. I am somewhat new to Retropie. I have the basic emulators working, but I am having a light issue with the screen sizing and resolution after launching the NES or SNES emulators. Specifically, after launch, every NES ROM has black bars on the sides of the screen. The EmulationStation itself is fine, utilizing the full screen. I tried changing the some of the settings within retroarch.cfg with no luck. I have a converter that converts hdmi to vga from the pi to my monitor. The monitor is not widescreen, it is a standard square shaped monitor. ANyone have any suggestions? I noticed there are multiple locations of the retroarch.cfg file. With any suggestion, please be specific as I am still learning my way around retropie. I attached pictures below. When launching any ROM for NES, you will see that that games is “squeezed” into a smaller window with black bars on either side.

Thanks for any help.

[attachment file=”ScreenShot1495.bmp”]

[attachment file=”ScreenShot1496.bmp”]

Floob

What resolutions does your monitor support?
    You can set the main Pi resolution here:
    http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Video

This is done in the /boot/config.txt

dcesarz
    Participant

It supports 1024 by 768 and I have the appropriate settings in config.txt for hdmi group and mode to match that. Again..it’s only an issue after the emulator for nes launches. The screen resolution is perfect in emulation station. Is there a way to change just the settings for video withIn the emulator?

Floob

Yes, press “x” as the game starts to set the resolution of the game/emulator.

dcesarz
    Participant

worked. Thanks!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.