Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m wondering why I can’t seem to get perfect pixel scaling at 5x scale.

I’ve set my video_fullscreen x/y to 1536×1200 for my nestopia config, because I want to take full advantage of my display area and not waste a bunch of display area on black bars and overscan. I have windowed fullscreen off and fullscreen on. Integer scale is on and my custom viewport is 1536×1200. In theory, setting a custom fullscreen x/y would allow one to keep integer scaling with a custom viewport that is larger than the display resolution.

However, when Retroarch is launched, I lose my fullscreen x/y settings, and they are reset to 0. I’ve double checked my config and I know it’s set to 1536×1200, but both say “0” in Retroarch.

Any idea why this is and how to fix it?

patrickm
    Participant

Bump; would really like to get this addressed. SNES, NES, Genesis, Doom, N64 would all be awesome at 5x integer scale, if I could get it to work without scaling artifacts.

patrickm
    Participant

I solved this; turns out the problem was not with integer scale but with my scanline overlay.

I made a new overlay with slightly thinner scanlines that works at 5x integer scale, see “scanline overlays.”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.