Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Floob

Rather than me talking about configs for once, here are actual games being played!

windale
    Participant

Hi Floob, just a couple of questions.

I noticed on your Mame4All list that you have just 1 rom per game, have you sorted the list to just working games only (primarily Parent versions) ? If so, is there any chance you could make a ClrMame Dat file and post it to the RetroPie wiki so we can compile a fully working set without a ton of pointless clones/non working games ?

Also, I noticed on my lr-gpsp when starting a game it quickly says ‘game-config.txt’ not found but it is there. This is supposed to be the compatibility list to get certain games working. I don’t know if it’s using it or not. Quite an annoying emulator because you’ll think that a game works great but then while you’re playing it will just reset for no reason (Tony Hawks 2 and some others).

Floob

I’ve attached the filtered dat I used. It may not be for everyone but feel free to see if it suits you. From memory I stripped the clones (so no pacman unless you put it back – it has puckman instead) and I should have ripped the pinball/mahjong type games as well.

I’ll check out the game-config.txt issue later.

windale
    Participant

So have you just used Parents only ? A lot of parent ROMs don’t work but the clone does (Toki, RoboCop, Choplifter, Cabal etc.). A parent only set can easily be created from the original DAT anyway. Or have you checked that they are working ?

Floob

Yes, thats true, some parents dont like to run, but I havent filtered those ones out. I think it would be a manual job given that the emulation status is reported as good. I have taken out the categories I wouldnt play like mahjong or trackball etc.., but it could do with a good manual clean really.

windale
    Participant

OK I’ll just stick with my hand picked collection. I have been thinking about getting an Odroid as the emulators are superior to the Pi ones (and twice the CPU speed) and also have emulators that the Pi doesn’t have like full speed PSP (for most games) . I’m not sure why the Pi is so popular when the performance and emulators are quite primitive. Do you know anything about the Odroid and if it’s easy to set up ?

Floob

Nope, I’ve not setup Odroid for emulation before.
    Here looks like a good place to start
    http://forum.odroid.com/index.php

herbfargus

If you’re looking for a .DAT file for mame4all that allows you to merge parents and clones I’ve used this one:
    http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats/MAME/MAME_Dats_037-52.rar

Choose the .037b5 .DAT file, then when rebuilding with clrmamepro choose merged sets instead of split or non-merged. It cut my list of 2200 ROMs to a little over 1000

windale
    Participant

[quote=101413]If you’re looking for a .DAT file for mame4all that allows you to merge parents and clones I’ve used this one:
    http://www.progettosnaps.net/dats/MAME/MAME_Dats_037-52.rar

Choose the .037b5 .DAT file, then when rebuilding with clrmamepro choose merged sets instead of split or non-merged. It cut my list of 2200 ROMs to a little over 1000

[/quote]

No, that’s O.K. I just wondered if there was a DAT for working games only (on the Pi) and no clones (except when the Parent doesn’t work). I have hand picked a lot of games and Non-Merged the clones when the parents don’t work. The DAT you posted from progettosnaps is the one I have always used instead of the one on the wiki (because you can’t separate the ROMs on that one).

herbfargus

its something I’m currently working on (testing 2270 games takes a while) you’re welcome to take a look at what I’ve got so far. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12-W3J05lXyrGrFVgw91tcz_l2Vjl0RBE1kogpXJYA_Y/edit?usp=sharing feel free to contribute any you know of that work. Then once it’s done, I’ll piece together a dat file of only the working parents. I’m also going to test to see if rebuilding from .163 changes which ones work compared to rebuilding from .151.

windale
    Participant

[quote=101425]its something I’m currently working on (testing 2270 games takes a while) you’re welcome to take a look at what I’ve got so far. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12-W3J05lXyrGrFVgw91tcz_l2Vjl0RBE1kogpXJYA_Y/edit?usp=sharing feel free to contribute any you know of that work. Then once it’s done, I’ll piece together a dat file of only the working parents. I’m also going to test to see if rebuilding from .163 changes which ones work compared to rebuilding from .151.

[/quote]

I added a few to the mame4all list that I know are working. I noticed a couple of mistakes, dkong and galaga were marked not working. I changed them to working but they need sound samples so I added a ‘Samples’ column.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.