Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Ideas for Further Enhancements Version Specific Wiki

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    herbfargus

I think a large part of confusion with the RetroPie project lies in the difference of hardware (which type of Raspberry Pi/ controllers people are using) and the difference in software (which sd image people are using) Is there any chance that we could develop the wiki based off of the SD image releases- similar to something like this: http://www2.qgis.org/en/docs/index.html

That way we could start with the basics (i.e. how to format microsd card/ install the retropie image) and then configure version specific emulators/experimental packages etc.

So it would be laid out something like this

RetroPie 2.6 Version 2 (for Rasbperry Pi 2 Model B)
    -How to install
    -how to configure controllers with retroarch
    -Emulators (in order that you see them in the roms folder)
    -<Rom folder name> <emulator that folder uses> (i.e. snes: [pocketsnes]
    -emulator specific configurations (rom filetypes, emulator specific
    controller configs, etc)
    -Advanced Configurations (boot menus, experimental packages, video settings,
    etc.)
    RetroPie 2.6 Version 1 (for Raspberry Pi A, A+, B, B+)
    -How to install
    -how to configure controllers with retroarch
    -Emulators (in order that you see them in the roms folder)
    -<Rom folder name> <emulator that folder uses> (i.e. snes: [pocketsnes]
    -emulator specific configurations (rom filetypes, emulator specific
    controller configs, etc)
    -Advanced Configurations (boot menus, experimental packages, video settings,
    etc.)

or would this idea lead to too many duplicates and lead to confusion?
    I’d like to contribute to the wiki as to help newcomers get on their feet as quickly as possible but I just want to make sure it will be the best method for the community before I get too invested in anything.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

the images are basically the same. there will be the difference of a few emulator,, but in operation they should be identical, so they can both probably share the same documentation, with just a few extra pages for any pi2 specific emulators.

herbfargus

Ok, Thanks for clarifying.

I’ll try to organise things a bit in the Wiki when I can find the time

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Thanks. Your contributions are appreciated. Writing documentation is a chore – so always happy for someone else to do it! :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.