Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, I’ve just started uploading images and games info to GamesDB for the GCE Vectrex hoping I could then use the scraper to populate my Vectrex games list within Retropie. My problem is that when I try and run the scraper on the Vectrex system I get the follwing error – Warning: Some of your selected systems do not have a platform set. Results may be even more inaccurate than usual.

If I let it run it populates the games with artwork and info from random systems – and also renames the games.

I’ve checked the ES_SYSTEMS.cfg file and the Vectrex entry definately has “Vectrex” listed in the platform tags. Just wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue. Is there anywhere else that I can check to see if a platform is associated with the Vectrex.

I am running the latest RetroPie build (v3.2.1) on a Raspberry Pi 2.

sselph
    Participant

I don’t have the es_systems.cfg in front of me, but if you look at other systems you’ll notice a platform id, like snes is 6, If you add something similar for Vectrex that should help. The ID for Vectrex is 4939.

Anonymous
    Inactive

thanks for the info but I just checked my es_systems.cfg file but there are no platform ID numbers – for Vectrex or any other systems either.

here is the entry for Vectrex

<system>
    <name>vectrex</name>
    <fullname>Vectrex</fullname>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/vectrex</path>
    <extension>.vec .gam .bin .zip .VEC .GAM .BIN .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ vectrex %ROM%</command>
    <platform>vectrex</platform>
    <theme>vectrex</theme>
    </system>

and here is the entry for SNES

<system>
    <name>snes</name>
    <fullname>Super Nintendo</fullname>
    <path>~/RetroPie/roms/snes</path>
    <extension>.bin .smc .sfc .fig .swc .mgd .zip .BIN .SMC .SFC .FIG .SWC .MGD .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ snes %ROM%</command>
    <platform>snes</platform>
    <theme>snes</theme>
    </system>

they appear to both hold the same information.

sselph
    Participant

Hmm I apologize, I thought I remember there being a platform_id type tag in the xml that told ES the platform but it doesn’t appear to do that. It instead pulls from this file https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/blob/646bede3d9ec0acf0ae378415edac136774a66c5/es-app/src/PlatformId.cpp

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK – thanks – just checked there and there’s no Vectrex listed so I’m guessing that’s where the error is coming from.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.