Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Using Xin mo controls for Vice/C64

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hoofa
    Participant

Hi all,
    Hoping someone can help, i’ve very recently built and arcade cabinet with a 2 player xin mo joystick/buttons set up. I need to configure the button system for each of the emulators as its different for all, the snes seems to work well although i’d like to reorganise the button set up but then some roms within the megadrive dont seem to have buttons registered at all. I’m very new to linux/retropie as you can probably tell so any help there would be appreciated too! :-)

My main question is around the vice emulator, its picking up the joystick and buttons for player 2, however when playing the roms, the directional controls are all over the place – left will jump/up, up will go left etc etc, is there a fix or anything i can do for the mapping within vice?

Thanks for the help and sorry for probably what are silly questions!

hoofa
    Participant

ok so slight update to my question and again i’m sorry for the dumbness! the preset directional controls in mame also showed different directions to those i had configured in retroarch, so i figured the wiring to the joysticks was incorrect. I therefore rewired and both joysticks directional movements are now perfect in vice and mame. However, now they are all thrown out in the other emulators, snes, nes, megadrive etc. What would be the best plan to fix this? I’m thinking a complete reinstall will solve but wondered if there is a quicker easier fix, simply adjusting the retroarch config file doesnt seem to have any impact…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.