Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Using Xbox controller AND NES at same time?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nappyjim
    Participant

Is there a way I can use either/or, without having to unplug one of the other. Right now, heres what happens.

1.) Start RPI with only wireless Xbox controller plugged in (this is another issue, for another thread but if I keep both xbox and nes plugged in, when I start a ROM, xbox controller will not work. it only works if it is the only joypad plugged in when I start up PI)

2) Launch Super Mario 3. Xbox controller works.

3) Plug in NES controller. Retroarch recognizes controller and references the pre-configured .cfg file I already have setup.

4) if I try to USE the NES controller, it will not work. I must unplug both controllers, then plug back in NES controller, then it will work.

Not a huge deal, but I was envisioning a RPI where I can keep all controller plugged in (NES, SNES, Xbox, etc) and then when I start a ROM up, grab the corresponding controller.

Thanks guys

somail
    Participant

From my own trials I have found the retroarch auto config to be hit and miss. If I start hot swapping controllers with retroarch open I tend to freeze the system.

If you run jstest with both controllers? jstest /dev/input/js0 then try js1

If you have enough USB ports, try having everything plugged in plus a keyboard. when you start up a rom press F1 to go into the gui and go into the inputs/controller section. See what controller driver is being loaded. (sorry I can’t remember the exact sub menu)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.