Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Using PS3 controller in Kodi experimental build

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jrshankill
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have been using my pi only for emulation. I only recently found out that Kodi could be installed on retropie so I went ahead and got the build installed.

I only have a PS3 controller and I can’t use it at all to control Kodi. The left stick moves the mouse pointer but only a small corner of the screen. I can upload a video of this if it is helpful. The PS3 controller is recognized fine within Kodi but the left stick will only move the pointer a certain distance in the corner.

I am not sure how to edit the controls within Kodi. If anyone can provide help here it would be greatly appreciated. I also have a wireless mouse, I’m not sure if it is compatible with the Pi or if it can work in the experimental Kodi build.

Go easy on me, total noob here

paydayjones
    Participant

Hi,

Kodi isn’t really designed to accept controller input. That’s what’s causing your issue.

There’s a few different “remote controls” out there that you can set up via tablet/smartphone and the people who make Kodi actually make one of their own.

Kore

It’s pretty easy to set up and it works well. You’ll need a keyboard, or at the very least, a mouse for the initial set up inside Kodi.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.