Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Using existing sd card in new setup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jenksie
    Participant

Hi all. I have an arcade machine that runs off a pi2. I decided to buy a new pi2 so that I can play the same games in the kids playroom. I assumed I could just pop a memory card copied from my existing one in the new one.

I’ve tried this, it seems to load normally up until the platform select screen which is black other than an icon at the bottom which says choose. Any suggestions on how to get round this issue?

herbfargus
    jenksie
    Participant

[quote=111084]How did you copy it? Did you use win32diskimager?

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Updating-RetroPie#making-a-backup-option-1

[/quote]

Yes that’s how I did it. I’ve updated the set up script and rerun the binary setup and its now working.

I’ve found another issue! The arcade machine has button 8 to exit emulator which is the same as the shoulder button on my dual shock 3. I obviously don’t want the shoulder button to quit as it’s too easy to accidently press.

I’ve been into the retroarch config and deleted the exit emulator entry but the shoulder button still exits!

Clearly I’m missing something somewhere can anyone suggest where I’m going wrong.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have noticed that with win32disk imager when I choose the file I want to backup to or restore a backup from, I have to type .img the end of the file or else it doesn’t work. Try creating a backup of the working card and then writing that backup to the new card. It works for me as long as I don’t forget the .img

jenksie
    Participant

[quote=111109]I have noticed that with win32disk imager when I choose the file I want to backup to or restore a backup from, I have to type .img the end of the file or else it doesn’t work. Try creating a backup of the working card and then writing that backup to the new card. It works for me as long as I don’t forget the .img

[/quote]

Yeah it does have that at the end thanks. As I’ve got it working now via the setup script I’ll set this as solved a d ask about my controller issue in the correct forum.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.