Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Using a PS3 controller attached to BT…if the controllers are not on before ES

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    narp
    Participant

Does it make you input all the configuration info? I cant figure this out. It asks me to input the controller info each time. Is it because the PS3 controller has to be connected before ES boots up? If so…how can I get it to do that? ES boots up at the same time the BT dongle does most of the time. Thanks.

gutossn
    Participant

You need configure the buttons through raspi-config. There’s a tool to set them. Search on YouTube for ‘PS3 Controller BT on Retropie’! It isn’t difficult but need follow the steps.

Ps: I use ps3 bt controller on Retropie 2.6, I activate it when loading emulation station and the first red led powered on I can select the system and play!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I solved this issue in a different way. I edited my es_input.cfg file in ~/.emulatinostation and added a dummy keyboard. With a keyboard entry present in the configuration it will never ask you to configure a controller. That way i can reboot my Pi without having to worry about if my remote is connected or not.

<inputConfig type="keyboard" deviceName="Keyboard">
        <input name="start" type="button" id="9" value="1"/>
      </inputConfig>
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.