Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Use Mobile Phone to:Kill Emu, Restart ..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mailtoflo-de
    Participant

Hi
    found something usefull for remotecontrolling the RetroPie:
    I found an Android-App called “SSH Button”

It just shows a list of big Buttons you can add a ssh-call to.

So for “Kill running Emulators”, “Reboot”, “Poweroff”, “Start Emulationstation” i just had to add the SSH-Commands:

“sudo pkill -f emulators”
    “sudo reboot”
    “Sudo poweroff”
    “emulationstation”
    “sudo pkill -f emulationstation”

..it works just sweet..as long as you are in the same network..but very well for me.

whettingstone
    Participant

Since it’s SSH you should be able to run this even from outside of the network the Pi is connected to provided you’ve got port 22 forwarded in your router.

herbfargus

Hey thanks for the tip! I don’t know why I didn’t do this before… Makes my life easier for sure.
    I use an app for android called raspi ssh which does essentially the same thing.

mailtoflo-de
    Participant

I still have a small problem:
    When I kill Emulators with pkill, the resolution of the EmulationStation is messed up – untill I start another Game and quit it the usual way with the Gamepad.

(using latest 2.x Beta)

Has anyone a hint how to reset the correct HD-Resolution for the Emulationstation again?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.