Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! USB transfert doesn't work on the new release Retropie

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    turk182
    Participant

Hi,

Since the 3.1 version my roms didn’t transfer into my raspberry.
    So I did a fresh new installation with the last retropie version.
    I connect My brand new USB with the Retropie folder in it and after 5 reboot retropie didn’t created the emulator folders inside mine.

Is this function unavailable in the new version ? Or I’m doing something wrong ?

Thank you for your help

petrockblog
    Keymaster

you give little detail. EG Folder structure etc ? Did you check the instructions on the wiki ? https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/How-to-get-ROMs-on-the-SD-card (noting – Starting with RetroPie 3.0 you first need to create a folder called retropie on your USB stick and then follow the above steps.)

turk182
    Participant

I did it 100 times and never had issue but still last version the folder structure doesn’t be created automatically

I create the folder Retropie on my USB and after reboot it should create all the emulator folder inside as they say in the link you give me (The first time you plug the USB stick into the the RPi, a ROM directory structure is generated on the USB stick) and it alway work for me but now nothing is created and the USB service is on I check it.

It happens since version 3.1

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Did you create the folder with a capital “R” ? it should be all lowercase.

turk182
    Participant

I tried all possibility with and without capital R

turk182
    Participant

Any idea ?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I know it works, so it must be an issue on your set up. Double check your usb stick has a single partition formatted as fat32 or ext4 with a folder in the root called “retropie” and plug it in to the pi. then from a terminal do “cat /var/log/syslog” – when it’s working it should have some lines like

Nov 17 11:55:25 retropie usbmount[2282]: executing command: run-parts /etc/usbmount/mount.d
    Nov 17 11:55:26 retropie usbmount-01_retropie_copyroms-[2327]: Attempting to create directory structure for ROMS in '/media/usb0/retropie/roms' ...
    Nov 17 11:55:29 retropie usbmount-01_retropie_copyroms-[2327]: Syncing roms ...
    Nov 17 11:55:29 retropie usbmount-01_retropie_copyroms-[2327]: Syncing configs ..

turk182
    Participant

Ok, I will check the partition. Its a brand new one, maybe it have a hide partition.

But, i’m sure that I don’t make any mistake as the process .. I did it many times and it always work fine. The issue it since the 3.1 version.

I will let you know.

Thanks for your help.

Stephane

turk182
    Participant

My USB is NTFS … this is the reason ? Retropie doesn’t recognize the NTFS ?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

That probably won’t work out of the box. It might if you install ntfs-3g, but that is likely the problem.

turk182
    Participant

ok thank you for the information. I would be great to add this feature on next release if it’s not too much work :p

For the moment I will transfert my roms with network :)

Thank you again for your help.

Stephane

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I’ll consider adding it as an option, but for now if you must use NTFS, you can enable it by doing the following

sudo apt-get install ntfs-3g
    sudo sed -i "s/hfsplus/hfsplus ntfs fuseblk/g" /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf

turk182
    Participant

Thx for the tips I will try that!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.