Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have this adapter http://www.amazon.com/SNES-Controller-Adapter-USB-Super-NES/dp/B002IXZ5DE which works with both my real SNES controllers flawlessly on every other emulator but RetroPie. As soon as I insert a second controller using RetroPie, it freaks out. One controller misbehaves (doesn’t matter which one) until I remove it and reinsert it and then the buttons sometimes lag.

This thing works, I know that. It supposedly has issues with the type of SNES controller used, but I have both a SNES-005 and a SNES-102 and they work great with it everywhere but RetroPie.

They show up as “HuiJia USB GamePad” and “HuiJia USB GamePad #2” even if there’s nothing plugged into the second one.

My retroarch.cfg file is correct I’m sure. I did the config for player one with both controllers plugged in and then copied everything and changed every instance of “player1” to “player2” and changed “input_player1_joypad_index = “0″” to “input_player2_joypad_index = “1″” so I don’t know what’s up.

Even though the SNES controllers are different models, they are identical and authentic.

bradj074
    Participant

I have one as well and haven’t had any luck getting it to work, waiting on the GPIO board to arrive. Did some browsing and from all the forums, popular consensus is to get the GPIO sold here, or a usb wired controller because this just doesn’t seem to work correctly with the pi. I’m assuming you also have trouble assigning part of the d-pad directions when calibrating the controls?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Maybe using an active USB-hub would help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.