Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,
    I’ve just upgraded to 2.4 Beta, and the USB Rom-transfer no longer works. I plugged in my old stick to transfer back all my old ROMS, but nothing happened, so I figured 2.4 might use a different layout, so I copied the roms to my PC, formatted the thumb drive, then put it back in the Pi. It still didn’t work, so I did a bit of troubleshooting on my own. It is showing up correctly in the list of USB devices as a mass storage device, so it’s reading it fine. I then went into retropie_setup.sh and went through the USB service setup. I got the normal Installing… Configuring… and then it finished. However, it still did not work. I have restarted the Pi several times and I still have a blank thumb drive.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

herbfargus

The only thing I can think of that I made a mistake with was not updating the retropie setup script first. When I fixed it I updated the script first, rebooted, and then went back into the setup script and installed the usbromservice

petrockblog
    Keymaster

get this image

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_knGioK16E6TlVpa3hmRi1PRHc&authuser=0

or do as herbfargus suggested, update the script, and then re-run the usbromservice. There was a bug with this in the 2.4.2beta image that has since been corrected.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How do you update the script?

herbfargus

Kinda the same way that you update the usbromservice. I apologise if this isn’t exact I’m going off the top of my head as I don’t have access to my pi right now.
    cd RetroPie
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

Select update script
    Reboot

Then update usbromservice like you did before

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.