Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project USB PS3 Controller detected but drivers won't work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pipull
    Participant

I grabbed a CanaKit Raspberry Pi 2 with all the stuff I needed with the hopes of running RetroPi. I formatted the SD card, got RetroPi on it, and it booted up. I plugged up a USB cable and a PS3 controller. to get a PS3 controller and USB working since I don’t have a Bluetooth adapter. RetroPi’s console detects the PS3 controller is connected, my wifi is set up and everything, and the PS3 controller drivers installed just fine, but when I go to configure it for RetroArch, none of the buttons work. When I use joy0 test or whatever it was called none of the buttons work either. The controller is detected and the drivers install but nothing on the controller works and I’m not sure why. It has power and the buttons work fine otherwise, the Pi just doesn’t seem to detect anything.

pipull
    Participant

Bump.

pattaboy
    Participant

[quote=92969]Bump.[/quote]

is this an original controller??

just bought a fake one today without knowing and that won’t work on retropie too bad. gets detected as gasia controller.

pipull
    Participant

Is is indeed an original controller, detected as a Sony brand PS3 controleler.

pattaboy
    Participant

I know PS4 controllers are hard to do with. but I had no problem with the ps3 controller. Dualshock or Sixaxis.

You need to install the ps3 drivers first using retropie-setup and follow the instructions on screen. after that you can just use them wired or wireless once you register them in emulationstation en retroarch controller setup.

I bought last weekend a second controller who turnt out to be fake.
    they don’t work wired or wirelessly too bad but my original works wired and wireless.

zeroedout
    Participant

I know what you’re missing because the same thing happened to me when I started messing with RetroPie. And you’ll hate me cause it’s annoying ;)

You have to press the PS button in the middle of the controller (after everything is plugged in ofcourse) and it magically starts working.

Other pitfalls:

* Controller turns on PlayStation and connects to that, using the pi to charge only &_&

* Controller loses sync with PlayStation but doesn’t power off doing a minute long search cycle (also not letting you use it on the pi in the mean while), you’ll notice this as all the LED will be blinking.

* The power you’re supplying to PI is inadequate. It’s a long shot, but my $hit adapter didn’t provide the full 2A and the pi wouldn’t recognize some USB devices (but it does with others).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.