Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    motorhead
    Participant

Hi! I have my psx ROMS in a usb hdd. The frontend can see them and are playable, this isn’t the issue. The problem is that the system gives a timeout error when starting with the hdd conected, and before this, some emulators dont work properly. This is the error code:

udevd[190]: timeout: killing ‘/usr/share/usbmount/usbmount add’ [365]
    udevd[190]: ‘/usr/share/usbmount/usbmount add’ [365] terminated by signal 9 (killed) done

Thanks in advance.

pappy
    Participant

Do you have an extra power supply or a 2-USB plug power source?

If there is no extra power supply, maybe there is not enough power for USB HDD?

motorhead
    Participant

It has external power supply. Im fighting with usbmount, trying different versions with no luck…

UPDATE: I finally find a version of usbmount that leaves emulators working fine, but the problem is that I cant automount the HDD. I can manually mount it with:

sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/almacen

or with:

sudo mount UUID=4CA0-D41E /media/Almacen

Then I updated .fstab with this line:

UUID=4CA0-D41E /media/Almacen vfat defaults 0 0

But nothing happens using mount -a or rebooting, HDD is not mounted…

Any help will be apreciated!

zoomy500
    Participant

try putting your command into rc.local, because i had an issue where some things had not initialized on startup, when using an ftp mount, so putting the mount command into rc.local helps. if you want to, you can try putting a delay before that in rc.local too.

motorhead
    Participant

It worked!!

Now I can have all roms stored in the HDD, and emulators are working properly.

Lot of thanks mate!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.