Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie usb conrtoller no retroarch config

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    evil
    Participant

Hello,

i have installed retropie 3.2.1
    I configured Xbox controller successfuly. After that i connected a diffrent controller. The configuration in emulationstation workt perfect and the controller works in the menu. But there was no configuration file in /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads for that controller. So the controller is not working with the games (retroarch).
    By the way retropie_setup has no option for configuring the controller any more.
    i think ist was 316 but its not there anymore.

Question: How i can set up a new controller for retroarch.

Second problem is that the usb stick i connected, no directory structure for the roms is created. I activated the service with the retropie_setup but no change.

Version 2.6 worked so perfect, but 3.2.1 not.

herbfargus

Autoconfigs were depreciated by retroarch. They should be created when configuring through emulationstation or alternatively you can configure them from the rgui

For the usb transfer Read the documentation:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation#usb

evil
    Participant

thanks for usb link (i have not look into the wiki, sorry)

autoconfig retroarch is not supported?

cat /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg | egrep “autodetect|joypad_autoconfig_dir”

input_autodetect_enable = true
    # corresponding to that joypad is present in joypad_autoconfig_dir.
    # Requires input_autodetect_enable to be enabled.
    joypad_autoconfig_dir = /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/

I think whats not support is the preconfigured joypad by retropie (from 2.6)

what I have done is (it worked for me):

cd /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-joypads/
    sudo /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch-joyconfig -a joypad.cfg -j0 -t 4
    CFG_NAME=$(cat joypad.cfg | grep “input_device” | cut -f 2 -d \” | tr -d ” “)
    mv joypad.cfg $CFG_NAME.cfg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.