Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    thatguyinfl
    Participant

I have a question about a USB thumb drive. Initially I followed the tutorial “How to run from USB (the best method)” and i have no issues with this thumbdrive, boots up and all is fine.

Now, I want to run retropie from sd card but this time move only my roms to USB. My issue is, after i boot up and exit emulation station, my drive is not mounted to /media/usb*. I edited the fstab file and added the UUID and still doesnt mount, only manually.

I run ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/ and I see the drive. I can also mount it no problem and then everything works. Can anyone point me in the right direction? maybe I need to put a delay somewhere?

The 64gb thumb drive is formatted fat32. Does this matter? Any ideas?

Thanks

Luis

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Hello,

I followed this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WGpGCn9NeI and had no issuses, very simple and worked.

It is geared towards only PSX on the USB but all systems work.

I hope this helps you.

thatguyinfl
    Participant

Thanks for the link. I went ahead and tried that tutorial. Same outcome. Basically, I have to manually mount thumb drive (sudo mount /dev/sda1 /media/usb) to even see my drive.

I go back to emulationstation and for example psx is there. I reboot, its gone, i exit (F4), mount the drive, go back to emulationstation and psx is there again.

Long story short, automount doesnt work for me.

Any ideas?

When I manually mount it and ls /media/usb* I notice it is mounted at usb and at usb0. If this helps.

Thanks

Luis

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Hi I am sorry, I’m not very experienced with this and can only advise you to do what I would do.

I would re-format the USB and then start the tutorial again from scratch, sometimes I miss the simpilest detail.

In any case I am sure someone will chime in with some more advice or hopefully a fix.

thatguyinfl
    Participant

Thanks will do. Much appreciated. This happens even with a fresh install. I can write the image to sd card, without changing anything, I have to manually mount my thumb drive.

I tried multiple thumb drives same result. I will keep researching. Thanks again.

Luis

thatguyinfl
    Participant

After much reading, found the answer. it was a delay that was needed.

For anyone else who runs into this problem.

sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt

Change:

elevator=deadline rootwait

to:

elevator=deadline rootwait rootdelay=5

Thanks again

Luis

jamesandjome-com
    Participant

Awesome, glad you found a fix. Well done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.