Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie USB Arcadesticks & Retropie

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I just picked up a Qanba Q1 for Mame, and I wanted to know if anyone has had any issues with it in any of the emulators? I would imagine that it would be similar to any other USB controller, maybe I have to do some mapping.

Any input is appreciated!

Floob

I’m going to look at mine soon (although mine are MadCatz Arcade SE and TE).
    I have to get the internals swapped out (although its fine in my PC if I use a VIA USB chipset).
    I’m not sure if the Qanba has the same issue. Does it work fine in your PC?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its still incoming, from what I understand it is plug and play largely, so I’m not too concerned. But I don’t see much talk of arcade sticks on here.

Also, I love your videos, they have been so helpful! I mean a real life saver!

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I tried my stick today, retroach configured fine. And FBA took the inputs ok, but I may have to mess with those. However Mame did not detect the stick movement,in game or when I tried to assign the movement in menu. Any thoughts?

Floob

Which mame are you using – was it mame4all, or the libretro version. Or advance mame?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using mame4all. One thing I did notice when I ran a JS test was that the Joystick Axis went from approx 3000 to -3000 on their respective up/down left/right movements. I know that in mame for all its looking for 1/-1. Would that have anything to do with it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does anyone have any ideas on this? I still cant get it to go, other games are ok, but Mame4All seems to be difficult.

Floob

Can you get the libretro version of mame4all working ok?

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=101433]Can you get the libretro version of mame4all working ok?

[/quote]

Forgive me, but I thought that was what the Mame-mam4all folder was utilizing.

Floob

It can use either in that directory. You choose by pressing x as the game starts.

The default is the non libretro version

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=101443]It can use either in that directory. You choose by pressing x as the game starts.

The default is the non libretro version

[/quote]

I apologize again, I saw that when I was booting them up again. The stick does work in the libreto version. However I cant seem to back out of games when I am in that version I have to ssh and reboot. But that may just be my issue in not knowing the correct command or button, although I hit every button on the board.

Floob

Which version of RetroPie are you using? Is it an image like 2.6.0, or did you build it from binaries/source?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Im using image 3.0 Beta 2

Floob

Can you send your controller file (post it on pastebin) – it should be here
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs
    Probably with a more recent date than the other files in there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=101572]Can you send your controller file (post it on pastebin) – it should be here
    /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs
    Probably with a more recent date than the other files in there.

[/quote]

http://pastebin.com/qtmCkHL5

Floob

hmm, what if you try this content instead
    http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=kmLCRvR8

basically delete these lines
    input_r_x_plus_btn = “9”
    input_r_y_plus_btn = “9”
    input_r_y_minus_btn = “9”

I’m assuming you havent tweaked any of your retroarch.cfg files. If you have, please post those as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I havent changed anything else, I deleted those lines and the conf menu in mame4all still doesnt see my joy stick movements when assigning them to up/down/left/right.

Floob

Can you confirm you are using the libretto mame4all – that’s what should see the config file above. If mame4all standalone doesn’t read it I’m not sure it will unless you changed the controller board in the stick. Don’t forget there are other arcade emulators on the Pi like fba and advance name and even gngeo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did double check that on the last test, FBA works perfectly for some reason, and the rest of the emulators pick it up. Could it be this part of the config? I tried to remove the h0 in the directional part to see if it made a difference but no change.

Anonymous
    Inactive

One question and it may be basic, will FBA read most mame roms?

Floob

Thats a very broad question. There are different romsets for different emualtors:
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that, I mean its not a insurmountable problem, I can still use my controller for regular mame. Its just so weird that this specific emulator is giving me hell.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.