Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project 'upgrading' my current 1.8.1 retropie image

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    urichai
    Participant

I started my project by using the 1.8.1 retropie SD card image. after corrupting my SD card a few times early on I started making backup images of my project after each major change or rom addition. my current image is very stable, has tons of roms, and emulationstation’s themes and gameslist.xml files are all nice and pretty….

Question: What is the best practice to ‘upgrade’ my emulators and add N64 (Mupen64Plus-RPi) ?

1. Use the retropie setup script ? If so, which options should I choose ?
    or..
    2. Download the latest SD card image (1.9.1), and copy my rom folders, .cfg files, theme folders, etc …

This project has been the most (technical) fun I have had in a long time !

kitchuk
    Participant

It’s fairly easy to update emulators via the script. This shouldn’t affect your retroarch settings so your safe but if might change any final burn alpha control configs so make a copy. Also to install mupen64 select install from sources in the setup script. Try not to wipe and format your sd card too much as it can negatively effect it’s lifespan.

kitchuk
    Participant

Oh and yes, it fantastic. Tinkering with retropie and the emulators!

gizmo98
    Participant

First of all make a backup.
    Windows: Run ‘USB Image Tool’ as admin and use device mode http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/
    Linux/Mac: dd bs=1m if=/dev/”sdcard” of=/home/”userpath”/RetroPie.img

Disable overclocking:
    # sudo raspi-config
    # select Overclocking
    # Select 700MHz
    # Reboot

Update Raspbian:
    # sudo apt-get update
    # sudo apt-get upgrade
    # sudo reboot

Update firmware:
    # sudo rpi-update
    # sudo reboot

Update RetroPie-Setup:
    # cd RetroPie-Setup
    # git pull

Install newest sources:
    # cd RetroPie-Setup
    # sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    # select “Source Based Installation”

Enable overclocking:
    # sudo raspi-config
    # select Overclocking
    # Select 900MHz
    # Reboot

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.