Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Upgraded to 3.0 final. Kodi installation is missing kodi.bin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    geauxwave
    Participant

I upgraded my Retropie to the newly released 3.0 final, and then installed kodi through the RetroPie setup GUI. Kodi will not work, and there is no kodi folder in /usr/lib.

$ kodi --standalone
    /usr/bin/kodi: 159: /usr/bin/kodi: /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: not found

Prior to upgrading to 3.0 final (I was on RC1), the experimental installation of Kodi worked fine, and I know for sure there was a kodi folder put in /usr/lib during installation.

FYI, there was no previous kodi installation on the disk prior to me upgrading to 3.0 final. I started with a restored SD card image with RC1 and prior to any experimental installations.

If I restore my SD card again, and don’t upgrade to 3.0 final, I can install Kodi fine. I just wanted to see if there was a way for me to fix this issue prior to doing that. It obviously takes time, and I would like to use RP 3.0 final, mainly for the Bluetooth PS3 controller configuration tool (which I’m assuming i have to be on 3.0 final to have).

Thanks in advance for your help.

geauxwave
    Participant

I ran “sudo apt-get install kodi”, and it listed some unmet dependencies (see below), and it suggested I run “apt-get -f install”. So I did that, and Kodi now launches fine.

$ sudo apt-get install kodi
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    kodi is already the newest version.
    You might want to run 'apt-get -f install' to correct these:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:14.2-1wheezy) but it is not going to be installed
            Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:14.2-1wheezy.1~) but it is not going to be installed
            Recommends: python-qt3 but it is not going to be installed
            Recommends: upower but it is not going to be installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
    dashizzle
    Participant

How did you upgrade from rc-1 to final?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.