Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mark77
    Participant

I just got a Raspberry PI 2 and I got everything installed, but not having any luck on finding out how to install the newest version of Retroarch. I went and selected install from source and I don’t see any changes at all. Can someone point me in the right direction?

herbfargus

Possible you may already have the latest updated version of retroarch. If you built from 3.0 SD image there haven’t been too many changes since then. (If you have the quick menu in the rgui that’s the latest changes compared to retropie 2.6)

dankcushions
    Participant

Yeah one thing – you won’t suddenly get the posh GUI that’s in the newest retroarch screenshots – it will default to the regular 8-bit-looking menu, although like herbfargus says, it will have the new ‘quick menu’ option.

i’m not sure how you enable the new GUI, if you even can on the pi.

mark77
    Participant

I did install the latest RC1 I guess I was looking for the polished up one that I have on the PC. Thanks for the replies.

herbfargus

You can change the menu option in retroarch.cfg to xmb or something like that- you can also change it in the rgui- don’t know how it would affect processing though…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.