Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maketheworldbetter
    Participant

I am in the Retropie-Setup-Script, chosen update RS-script and then went to install one by one, compile from source RetroArch – which does not work (abort after a while with the text ‘not successful’).

The logfile is attached!

What do I make wrong?

End of the .log:

CC netplay/netplay_net.c
    CC netplay/netplay_spectate.c
    CC netplay/netplay_common.c
    CC netplay/netplay.c
    CC cheevos.c
    CC libretro-common/utils/md5.c
    CC remote.c
    LD retroarch
    obj-unix/gfx/drivers/vg.o: In function `vg_copy_frame’:
    /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/retroarch/gfx/drivers/vg.c:291: undefined reference to `retro_assert’
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    Makefile:122: recipe for target ‘retroarch’ failed
    make: *** [retroarch] Error 1
    /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup
    Could not successfully build RetroArch (/home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/tmp/build/retroarch/retroarch not found).

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
    Installing ‘runcommand’ : Configure the ‘runcommand’ – Launch script
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Log ended at: Di 9. Feb 10:21:12 CET 2016
    Total running time: 0 hours, 5 mins, 45 secs

maketheworldbetter
    Participant

AARGH – and after I closed the window running the aborted Setup-script with pressing the x on the border with the mouse, I left the Pi for a while…big mistake!

In the meanwhile ‘something’ from Retropie-Setup-Script was still running – and filled the log-folder continously with the same log…I saw that as it was at 42000 (!!) logfiles….

What is going on here?

herbfargus

If you’re trying to update, don’t update from source as upstream changes can break things. Just update your setup script and do a full binary install.

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Updating-RetroPie

Make a backup first for when you inevitably break things.

maketheworldbetter
    Participant

Cool advice…and when I do not need 90% of all the emulators ???

How do I remove them after they have been installed? Sounds like a (big) waste of time and space (if I need to do that every update)!

Ordnung ist das halbe Leben….

herbfargus

You can install things individually too, but typically youll just want to use binary installs instead of source based installs. A full binary install will get you the latest changes for everything though.

The only way you can remove systems right now is manually from the /opt folder. I agree that its waste of space but most of the users of retropie like the idea of a premade system thats just ready to go with everything they need.

We’re looking into making a more modular menu that will make it easier to remove the things you don’t want.

Langsam langsam ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.