Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Up and Down flipped in NES

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ezeitgeist
    Participant

I have a joystick and 6 button system (2 sets).

I have things configured to work and can go through menus, exit games, and have things easily configured in MAME.

BUT I just started going into NES emulator and my UP and DOWN are flipped (when I move a joystick down, it signals up and vice versa in the game). Very annoying.

I figure the fix is in the NES config file but that is above my pay grade, as it were, at present, when it comes to knowledge.

Anyone help me with the fix?

ezeitgeist
    Participant

Anyone got a help on this one? I tried adding the joypad config from the /all folder to the individual NES config folder, and changing the retroarch file in the NES to include a line of redirect (found it on reddit). It recommended switching in the cfg file the config that was backwards. I tried that and then NONE of the buttons worked in NES.

Changed things back and am back to 1 … UP and DOWN still reversed from normal config.

herbfargus

its in the documentation:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/RetroArch-Configuration

so if for some reason the up and down axes are really swapped you can just add

input_player1_up_axis = +1
    input_player1_down_axis = -1

in your /opt/retropie/configs/nes/retroarch.cfg and it should invert them

ezeitgeist
    Participant

You are a savior! I read that link so many times, it just didn’t click properly. Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.