Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mayner
    Participant

Hi,

i use a Pi since more than 3 years (Download-Server, HTPC and now as a Console). I used a Wifi Dongle on my Download-Pi for a few month and it worked very good and stable. Now i use the same Dongle (RTL8188CUS) in my RetroPie and i have a lot Problems with that. I can connect to the Pi with Putty from Windows PC, but after while Putty loses the SSH connection and i have to reconnect. Mostyl the reconnect works, but sometimes i have to to it twice. Sometimes the Reactions of Putty are very slow, sometimes it works normal.

i don’t know whats the problem, ssh or wifi. is there something different in retropie? as i said the dongle worked without problems on my download-pi with raspbian.

herbfargus

You can try one of these other methods and see if you get any better results:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Setting-Up-Wifi

mayner
    Participant

i could fix the problem after adding “wireless-power off” at the end of interfaces.

i noticed that the pi lost the connection every time i played a while and used the xbox360 controler. now i have problem connecting the controler to the receiver. i works fine some moments, then the connection is lost, reconnect and works again … and so on.

maybe this is because both need to much power?

mayner
    Participant

problem isn’t fixed. i use a powered hub now and controler and wlan dongle are connected to the usb hub. sometimes wlan works and sometimes not.

the interessesting thing is that i can ping http://www.google.de from retropie (after pressing f4) and when this works i can connect to ssh with putty. it seems that i have to “remember” my pi that it’s connected to my router :-)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

sounds like a psu problem if related to another controller connected.

mayner
    Participant

the rtl8188cus was the first wlan chipset that worked out-of-the box with raspbian. don’t know why it doesn’t work now. i’ve tried an other one and it works better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.