Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Unofficial Xbox wireless usb reciever

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    iiipgciii
    Participant

Sorry if this was covered before. I just set up my Pi 2 to run Retropie 3.0. I have 2 wireless Xbox360 controllers.

Will one of these dongles work? Or should I buy the official one.

DavidBowman
    Participant

I would just buy the official one. The generics may work, but you are greatly increasing the probability of having config problems, plus they are only of spotty reliability (check the reviews for 3 stars and below on those). For $7-9 less than the official adapter, I wouldn’t bother.

Just my opinion, but one formed around some general research on what works best “out of the box”, which is why I’m not going with a PS3 controller and bluetooth dongle. Lots more “help me” posts with those than the 360 controller, which seems to enjoy a more stable, preconfigured setup as a whole. I may be very wrong about that though as all the underlying software keeps getting better and better!

DavidBowman
    Participant

Just saw this on the reddit sub:http://www.reddit.com/r/RetroPie/comments/3hcysl/bluetooth_adapter_for_360_controller/

So I guess it may work, but I stand by my original opinion that the cheap ones aren’t as good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.