Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    delti90
    Participant

I searched around for this but couldn’t find anything, so I figured I’d make an account and ask.

I’m running the most recent version of 2.2

Basically any time I try to scrape metadata I’m met with the following error upon choosing the game in the scraper:

“lvl0: Could not find <gameList< node in gamelist “/home/pi/.emulationstation/gamelists/emulatorname/gamelist.xml”

and it will list that error for every emulator with “emulatorname” replaced with the name of the emu.

I looked in the directory and noticed gamelist.xml is empty for every single one. I also saw that the directory pi has 777 to everything EXCEPT the gamelist.xml files. So I tried giving the account 777, but that didn’t fix anything.
    So I made a backup of the whole folder, and tried just deleting the xml files to see if retropie would regenerate them, it didn’t. So I restored them and I’m back to square one. Any ideas?

Here’s an image of the error:

View post on imgur.com

The keyboard also stops working at this point.

delti90
    Participant

I believe I just figured out the problem. I set up retro pi on another SD card and took a look. The gamelist.xml files are supposed to have the following headers:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <gameList />

I downloaded the directory from that sd card and just uploaded it to this new one. After trying scraping it seems to have done the same thing and wiped out the files I transferred. So maybe I should just do a clean setup of RetroPi.

delti90
    Participant

Hm, reinstalling the retropi image fixed it initially, but now it seems to be happening again, but the only directory listed is pcengine. As far as i know i’m not doing anything differently than normal.

ghzmdr
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.