Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I have installed the 2.3 image and am using a wired xbox360 controller. I am unable to run commands such as:

cd /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 1 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

I get the message “command not found”

I can see the file(s) when I ssh into the pi using winscp, but I cannot access the files via the pi itself. the “opt” is not visible when I do a DIR command.

Spent 2 days of searching and trying to fix this, but nothing works. Any ideas? I like Retropie, but I cannot do anything other than run it at the moment and cannot configure my controllers.

Thanks!

proxycell
    Participant

did you install the xbox 360 drivers?

EDIT: that was a stupid question i just asked you… sorry

which command gives you the error?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hope this all makes sense, It may be 3 or 4 more days before I get to work with this again, so here is some more info:

I am using the image as downloaded from this site.

I have installed the xboxdrivers. The controller is recognized as an xbox360 controller in JSTEST and JSTEST-GTK.

I am unable to run any commands listed in the various posts on this forum. Another command that I cannot get to work is:

sudo chown pi /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg
    cd /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin
    sudo ./retroarch-joyconfig -j 0 >> /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

I just get a “command not found” error. The emulators all work. but I cannot do anything to configure the controller or retroarch settings.

It seems like I don’t have the right permissions. If I login as root using su root, I get a directory with a “DESKTOP” folder, but cannot see any other files. I can see all files when using WINSCP or Filezilla, but I cannot edit the config.txt file that is in the boot directory unless I use sudo nano to edit it.

I am having to relearn this linux stuff, so I am hoping it is something simple, but I cannot find the answer.

Another issue is the game DOOM, I can use the cursor keys to navigate the menu, but am unable to select options and the game controller does not work with DOOM, yet it works in the individual emulator (Stella and Mame for now).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.