Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    negrete35
    Participant

Sorry, I know nothing about this except what I’ve seen in a couple YouTube videos. I thought it would be simple. Flash image to SD card, insert into raspi 2, plug controller in and go. Not so much. All the emulators I want (NES, SNES, Genesis) don’t show up on the emulation station. And the controller doesn’t work inside emulators. I think I found a good tutorial on YT to configure the controller. But my stupid question is, where are the other emulators? Only things available to select are things like Amiga, Macintosh, Apple II, ScummVM, MSDos, retropie, and ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    Inactive

The emulators only show up when you have roms in the correct emulator folder, try filezilla. Once you send over a game just restart the pi and the emulator will show up

Anonymous
    Inactive

And the controller issue your having is, those emulators that show up right now require mouse and keyboard I believe

Anonymous
    Inactive

Watch youtube videos, by “herb fargus” “floob” “tech tipsta” they’re the most helpful

negrete35
    Participant

Thank you for the response. I appreciate it. I thought I read that all I needed to do is plug in a flash drive with Roms on it and the retropie would automatically move it to where it tended to be? I downloaded super Mario and put it on a flash drive and plugged it in. Then restarted the pi a couple times. Still no Nes emulator.

herbfargus
    negrete35
    Participant

Thanks herb. I just watched one of your videos on YT. It helped me get the Roms on the pi using flash drive. Thanks. I missed making the retropie folder step. I really appreciate all the help. Audio isn’t working at the moment though.

herbfargus
    negrete35
    Participant

Thanks again. I have read through that. But it’s all Greek to me. Haha. I am sorry and I wish I didn’t have to be spoon fed the answers. But I just don’t know how to do some things. I found this. Go to /boot/config.txt and make sure hdmi_drive=2 is uncommented. But I don’t know how to do it. I don’t know how to go to /boot/config.text

Anonymous
    Inactive

I could be wrong maybe herb could correct me but I believe you would type

sudo nano /boot/config.text

herbfargus

It’s sudo nano /boot/config.txt

And uncommenting means to remove the # before the line of text

Then you press ctrl+x to save your changes.

negrete35
    Participant

Thank you guys very much.

negrete35
    Participant

Just wanted to say thanks again. I really appreciate the help. It worked. I can now enjoy the emulators.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.