Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    petrockblog
    Keymaster

A new uae4all emulator is now included.

some basic info here:
    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Amiga-emulator-%28UAE4All%29

Some info/history of the emulator on this thread – http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=80602

works very nicely even though there could be some improvements in places (such as controls etc).

To install, it should be enough to just choose option 5 from the retropie_setup menu and choose install from binary. Binaries are available for the pi1 and pi2.

Most OCS/ECS games I tested were full speed on the pi2, and many were full speed on the pi 1 also, with just a few slow downs here and there.

Note: There have been some other binary updates and an updated SDL 1.x library added too. If you want everything up to date, I recommend running a full binary install (option 1) which doesn’t take too long.

Roo
    Participant

excellent news, thanks buzz!

gadders
    Participant

Just followed your instructions, Buzz… however the Amiga emulator now moans about shared libraries when I try and launch a game.
    Previously it would just fail – usually getting to the hackers screen where you click a mouse button to continue to load a game, but then crash out back to EmulationStation.

I’m running the RetroPie v2.5.0 version on a Pi2.

Anyone managed to get Amiga emulation working on this?
    I have numerous kickstart rom files, so if anyone can recommend a specific one that works??

petrockblog
    Keymaster

which shared libraries ? please drop to a console and run “/opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/uae4all”

The new emulator works – I’ve been running it. How did you update exactly. If I can see the output on the screen I will be able to help further. It’s possible I missed a package dependency.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

just to check – you updated your retropie-setup script first right ? :)

I just tested on a vanilla raspbian and it worked fine, so it can’t be a dependency issue.

norbi77
    Participant

Hi,
    i have also a problem to start the new uae4all.
    Output from the console:
    pi@retropie ~ $ /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/uae4all
    /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/uae4all: error while loading shared libraries: l ibSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I´m on Retropie 2.5 and i have update the binarys with the updated retropie setup script.
    Can you help me?
    greez
    Norbi77

petrockblog
    Keymaster

how did you update the binaries ? Please give me information – I have nothing to go on. You need to update the script, and then install from menu 5 – the menu to “update retropie binaries” will not suffice.

A full binaries install is actually recommended due to the amount of stuff that has changed recently.

norbi77
    Participant

I have first update the script and then option 1 from the update script to update the binarys. When i start the emulation of amiga, comes the error
    /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/uae4all: error while loading shared libraries: l ibSDL_image-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

thx for your help

norbi77

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The dependency for that library is included so it should have been installed.

I’m keen to know why it hasn’t worked as I’m unable to reproduce it. Just to check a couple of things.. please give me the output from

head ~/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/emulators/uae4all.sh

and also please then update the script, re-run option 1 and please send me the install log which will end up in ~/RetroPie-Setup/logs/ (host it on google drive or something)

norbi77
    Participant

The output is :

pi@retropie ~ $ head ~/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/emulators/uae4all.sh
    rp_module_id="uae4all"
    rp_module_desc="Amiga emulator UAE4All"
    rp_module_menus="2+"
    rp_module_flags="dispmanx"

function depends_uae4all() {
        getDepends libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libasound2-dev
    }

function sources_uae4all() {

and here the log:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2OkjZ-TLyG9LW9hc1B5WllrZXM/view?usp=sharing

petrockblog
    Keymaster

the script is not up to date. did you get an error when trying to update it ?

How are you updating it ? from the GUI ?

Please can you try from the commandline:

sudo git pull

from within the RetroPie-Setup folder.

norbi77
    Participant

I take the update from the GUI and i see no errors.
    First when i try sudo git pull i got

Updating 9a67c35..6e26c14
    error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
            scriptmodules/emulators/snes9x.sh
    Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
    Aborting

I have delete the snes9x.sh and try it again, then comes

Updating 9a67c35..6e26c14
    Fast-forward
     scriptmodules/emulators/advmame.sh             |   11 +-
     scriptmodules/emulators/cpc.sh                 |    1 +
     scriptmodules/emulators/hatari.sh              |   24 ++-
     scriptmodules/emulators/mupen64plus-testing.sh |  256 ++++++++++++++++++++++
     scriptmodules/emulators/mupen64plus.sh         |    8 +-
     scriptmodules/emulators/snes9x.sh              |    2 +-
     scriptmodules/emulators/uae4all.sh             |   97 +++++++--
     scriptmodules/helpers.sh                       |    3 +
     scriptmodules/supplementary/ps3controller.sh   |    2 +-
     scriptmodules/supplementary/sdl1.sh            |  273 ++----------------------
     scriptmodules/supplementary/sdl1dispmanx.sh    |   21 --
     supplementary/runcommand.sh                    |    2 +-
     12 files changed, 390 insertions(+), 310 deletions(-)
     create mode 100644 scriptmodules/emulators/mupen64plus-testing.sh
     delete mode 100644 scriptmodules/supplementary/sdl1dispmanx.sh

I update the binarys again (option1) and now the update takes longer time.
    when it finish i test the emulator again and give a report.
    37% finish in the moment..

petrockblog
    Keymaster

yeh so it looks as though you must have edited a file at some point which stopped it from updating.

norbi77
    Participant

Ahhh, this was the error! Now it works!
    thank you so much for your help!

Best greetings from Hamburg
    Norbi77

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I will change the gui update script so it throws a more visible error on screen if the update fails.

glad it is working :)

Roo
    Participant

ok, i’m a noob. but I did search around and try stuff before asking… how do you pull up the emulator’s menu once you’ve loaded an adf?

I’ve tried LCTRL RCTRL F12 and a bunch of others, but I’m stumped.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Well, it is in the first link.. so not too hard to find :)

I’ll post it again:

https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Amiga-emulator-%28UAE4All%29

ctrl+escape

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I may have to change this in the future, as currently in the menu “escape” reboots, so it could be accidentally triggered.

It’s still a lot more functional than the previous emulator we had though, and I was successfully playing turrican 2 earlier on my pi1 (overclocked).

petrockblog
    Keymaster

it’s my mistake – so I apologise, as I wrote shift+escape in the instructions, and it’s ctrl+escape. I was very tired when I did this (and I am under the weather). Ill fix the wiki.

Roo
    Participant

ahhhh sooo!

thanks for the clarification :)

gadders
    Participant

Thanks for the info guys. I’ve managed to successfully update UAE4ALL and it now boots into the emulator menu. I can put ADF files into the floppies, select a kickstart rom to use and game starts booting…. however. I now have further issues.
    Any game I choose starts booting.. I can click past the hacker screen, and get the games actually loading screens come up.. then at the point where the game would normally come up with the start screen… black screen and no sound.
    This seems to occur for any game.
    Up to this point ti all seems to be ok.
    I’ve tried a couple of different kickstart files (I have all those from amiga forever) – which version of kickstart are you using? and also what games have you got working?

Thanks again.
    I really appreciate all the assistance and hard work that’s going into this!

Adam

petrockblog
    Keymaster

most games can run with the free aros kickstart btw – which is included.

1.3 is probably the most compatible for old games etc.

maybe choose a specific game, and I’ll advise – you may want half meg chip + half meg fast (some games may not like 1mb chip ram).

gadders
    Participant

Thanks for the info.. I’ve tweaked the ram settings as advised.. the AROS rom didn’t seem to do anything, but using 1.3 lets me get Turrican 2 running.

The controls seem a little screwy – the character is permanently crouched, although if I push up on the 360 controller he jumps, then back to crouch… makes it very hard to play.

The game(s) I was trying to get working was Kick Off 2…

I’ll try a few others…

petrockblog
    Keymaster

I don’t have a usb controller for testing unfortunately – but it works on keyboard.

gadders
    Participant

No worries. Guess I need to keep tinkering with various settings for the games to get them working.. I never had any issues running them on PC and even on PSP, so I’m guessing its just a case of finding the right combination of settings.

gadders
    Participant

Still can’t get anything other than Turrican 2 to work :-(

Has anyone got anything else working?

Roo
    Participant

I played with Zoom! and Speedball 2.

I had the best success configuring it as an A500 and letting UAE boot up to the “insert a disk” image, then opening the menu and specifying the disk image.

gadders
    Participant

Thanks Roo. I’ll give that a try later. :-)

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.