Homepage Forums RetroPie Project Controller Configuration in RetroPie Two SNES USB Controllers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    wiskid
    Participant

I have two SNES USB Controllers running on an R-Pi 2 with version 2.6 RetroPie. Both controllers function as they should (using this config — https://www.petrockblock.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/retroarch.cfg_.txt). However, in Super Mario World, the P1 controller functions fine. When it comes for P2 to play, the controller doesn’t gain function until it’s in a map. That is, the P1 controller has to be used to navigate P2 (Luigi) to the map that you want to play. Once I click A (on P1 controller) to enter the map, the P2 controller gains control, and it works flawlessly until it’s P1’s turn again. I know it may not make a whole lot of sense. If it’s not understandable, I can take a video of it after work.

This is a separate issue, but on Super Mario Bros 3, on NES, P1 and P2 are reversed. Is this a config issue?

I saw a post on here suggesting to use a different emu — is that the only work around? Does the BETA 2 work better?

Thanks,
    Shane

herbfargus

It probably wouldn’t hurt to try another emulator and see if that changes anything. That way it will narrow down if it is really an emulator issue or a controller issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.