Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was trying to figure out the cause of some some very noticeable lag (made games unplayable, I would die almost immediately), and I saw some people recommend turning on Game Mode on my TV. Well, that actually worked–the lag is now more or less gone, and games are a lot more playable.

That’s great and all, but I find myself wondering: why haven’t I noticed this being a problem on my Xbox One? I never had to bother setting the TV to Game Mode there, and I never noticed any particular lag. Is something different here, or am I just crazy?

tank
    Participant

maybe your TV has a hard time processing the signal from the rpi (maybe it doesn’t like the low resolutions)
    setting to game mode disables all or most video processing but scaling, i think.
    or maybe you connected your rpi to another hdmi port than the xbox? and the hdmi-ports are configured differently without your knowledge?
    also it depends on what games you play (not technically, but what reflexes are needed) – the same latency in megaman 2 is a problem while in myst it won’t be ;)

monochromatic
    Participant

Probably should have mentioned, these are connected to the same HDMI port on the TV. They go through an A/V receiver.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.