Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Trying to get XRoar to run games

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    danesp
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m somewhat new to the world of Raspberry Pi, but I’ve made much progress with my retropie setup.

I was a big fan of the TRS80 (COCO) back in the day, so I was delighted to find XRoar in the emulator list.

So I wanted to ask if anyone was able to get any games running on this emulator.
    I followed the wiki on the XRoar site (http://www.6809.org.uk/xroar/doc/xroar.shtml) , but had no success.

My main problem is that the command Ctrl + shift + L does not work to load a cartridge. In fact none of the hotkeys work except Ctrl + q (quit)

I do have the bios and the emulator loads into basic, but that is it.

Any success out there?
    Tips or tricks ?

My setup:
    Pi 1 B+ on a CRT TV (640 x 480), latest RetroPie (3.2.1)

thanks

dabone
    Participant

If you are using cart images, try this command line in the emulators.cfg under/opt/retropie/configs/coco

xroar-coco=”/opt/retropie/emulators/xroar/bin/xroar -vo sdlyuv -tv-type ntsc -cart-autorun -cart %ROM%”
    default=”xroar-coco”

I couldn’t get color out of the default xroar install, so I had to install it from the authors homepage.

see here.

Link

Later,
    dabone

danesp
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestion.
    I changed the config line and tried to load a cartridge from the retropie menu.
    Only a blank green screen is visible. I waited for a little, but the screen didn’t change.
    I had to ctrl+c to end xroar.
    Do I need to have some SDL_overlay installed?

thanks

dabone
    Participant

Grab a copy of xroar from the authors homepage and try it from the command line.

Exit emulationstation and try running it directly.

I get a blank green screen, but can hear the audio when I run it without the -vo sdlyuv command, sdl opengl doesn’t work.

Later,
    dabone

danesp
    Participant

I just got the latest from the author and I’m at the same point as you are now; blank green screen with audio.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.