Homepage Forums RetroPie Project New to RetroPie? Start Here! Troubleshooting PSX audio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vtxfc
    Participant

All of that wonderful info the sticky wanted me to include

Pi Model: 3 B
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.6
    Built From: Binary
    USB Devices connected: Sega Saturn controller via converter
    Controller used: ”
    Error messages received: nun
    Guide used: (Mention if you followed a guide)
    File: (File with issue (with FULL path))
    Attachment of config files: (or use pastebin.com)
    How to replicate the problem:

Basically I’m not getting static or choppy audio, but random sounds are not playing. Game is Symphony of the Night, I can’t hear Alucard swing his sword and some mobs play their sound effects and some don’t. On some screens the music plays, sometimes it doesn’t. I’m kind of confused by these symptoms since the game itself is running really well with no slowdowns, so it’s hard for me to think it’s a bottleneck issue..

I’ve used lr-pcsx-rearmed and pcsx-rearmed, I’m not sure the difference here – I don’t know Retroarch that well, but I work with Linux a lot. I don’t have sound issues on other games (This is the only PSX title), although this is probably the most demanding thing I try to run.. I don’t hear stuttering or anything in audio, just some things don’t play. Was hoping anybody had some suggestions here. I’m going to try some other ISO’s shortly, but I know this ISO is good.

Thanks for any input

dankcushions
    Participant

try other isos, but it seems just a general problem with the emulators that you’d need to take up with them. possibly related to https://github.com/notaz/pcsx_rearmed/issues/25

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.