Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am having difficulty with saving in one specific game. I am using gpsp to play Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. I used virtualboy advance on my computer to open a .sps (gameshark backup from the game that my brother & I played when we were kids) of FFTA & then saving it as a .sav. After that I copy it to my retropie & when I try to start the game up, I am told “Error in backup memory”. If I take that same .sav & put it back on my laptop, it loads without issues. I am not sure what’s up with that. I have the emulator on the computer set to use flash 64k for the save type. Any ideas? Just ask & I will post any files or logs you need. I just want this to work.

~JF

herbfargus

Pretty sure you have to save it with the same emulator in order for it to work.

jfmanamtr
    Participant

I did the same thing with other roms & they worked. It is just with FFTA. I did this with Sword of Mana, Fire Emblem, Sacred Stones, Advance Wars, Black Hole Rising, Golden Sun, Metroid Fusion & Metroid Zero Mission. All those worked fine after being loaded in VirtualBoy Advance. I can play my old saves without issue… other than the save for FFTA

herbfargus

Huh. That’s good to know! Learn something new every day. You could try using other emulators like lr-mgba and see if that works, otherwise I haven’t the slightest.

jfmanamtr
    Participant

I am not sure what I can do to fix it. I tried to switch to flash 128k, but that still doesn’t fix it. Just makes the PC not play it right either. Anyone?

~JF

multikoopa
    Participant

I believe FFTA is supposed to use a 64k flash save. Try changing it to that? Or is that what you started with?

Also, have you tried the other emulators on RetroPie?

jfmanamtr
    Participant

I have tried switching the flash size. It doesn’t help. I used both 64 & 128.

I haven’t tried any other emulators. I missed that there were other emulators. will try that after work tonight. Thanks

herbfargus

there were server issues so I’ll repost my last post:

This video details how to update and install new emulators using the setup script but if you aren’t on retropie 3.0 you should really look at starting from a fresh 3.0 image.

jfmanamtr
    Participant

OK. So, I am pretty sure I am running Retropie 2.6. I am not sure how to tell. I will however download the 3.0 beta image & install it. I will post once I am done with that. Thanks for the tip.

jfmanamtr
    Participant

OK. I tried to use the other GBA emulators. Still won’t load any save files. Also if I start playing FFTA & then save it after all the talking, it won’t load it. I am kinda confused. Any ideas?

~JF

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.